Wednesday, January 2, 2008

First Annual New Year's Eve Tasting Contest








Poor Rowdy got left behind New Years Eve.....luckily my Dad was in town to keep him company. He and my sister had an early flight to Miami to watch the Hawks in the Orange Bowl. With it being 10 degrees here in KC, I am pretty jealous. Good friends Moe and Eric, Cassie and Chris are also attending. I am hoping Eric and Chris visit the beaches and take pictures of the scenery....wink, wink.


New Years Eve was at the Miller's house and it was a blast. Ryan organized a blind wine and beer tasting contest consisting of 6 wines and 12 beers all of different subsets. It was a good way to do a group activity and get pretty drunk at the same time. It more difficult than I would have expected, but my palate reigned supreme after a hard fought play-off with Emily Mitchell. We each successfully pegged 9 of the 18 drinks. However, I won the 3 beer sudden death. Shenanigans insued, including Wii bowling and golf, breakdancing, and shirtless fishbowl drinking (I know, we are getting old). Rowdy gave me an evil eye when I got home at 2 p.m. the next day. Good Times!

hot under the collar
the ever-important count

the winners

wow, that's the longest finger ever!

fishbowl shenanigans

Dance Machine!!

No comments: