Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A Relief (so far)






Yesterday marked the beginning of this horrible ice storm that was supposed to cripple Kansas City.....however, we got lucky as it stayed just above freezing all day. It just basically rained all day. The trees and powerlines have a nice glazing, but the roadways are fine. And luckily, Rowdy and I have power. In speaking with my parents tonight, they were not so lucky. They have been without power since early this morning. I know what they are going through....to some degree. Last year, most of St. Louis lost power twice. Once, after a severe wind storm blew through in the summer. And the second was a winter ice storm that coated the city. Don't start feeling bad for me yet..........on both occasions I had plans to go out of town. In the summer to Scottsdale (nice choice for a bachelor party Stewey), and to Chicago after the second power outage. So I was really spoiled there. I do remember spending a couple of hours in my house with no power last winter......I was about to go insane, no fun at all......and its cold as balls! Enjoy the frosty pics.

No comments: